Thursday, December 4, 2008

I know it's only been a few days, but I'm doing pretty good with things. At work, I've been using Mark Forster's list making techniques, with pretty good success. Yesterday I decided to start using it at home because I was getting kinda bummed over my tada lists. It seemed like every time I checked something off I was adding two more things and my list was only getting longer and longer. So I picked off a few cleaning and non-cleaning things for last night, today, and Friday and did the line trick. I started getting a little overwhelmed trying to think ahead for Friday, so I'll need to update that one either today or at the conference tomorrow morning.

Last night I easily finished the 7 things on my list, and skipped ahead to do one of today's things. Today's list looks very doable. I wanted to make it so that I could definitely finish the things for each day, so I wouldn't get backlogged and discouraged. That makes me really think about how long it takes to do something, and hopefully will also keep me on task so that I can get the satisfaction of finishing my whole list.

No comments: